VHM is now WALGA Preferred Supplier
What this means to us and to our customers:
Preferred Supply Arrangements are specified groupings of suppliers that have been pre-qualified and appointed by WALGA to supply a category of goods or services to Local Governments. This follows a rigorous public procurement process that is fully compliant with legal and best practice purchasing requirements.
Under the Local Government (Functions and General) Regulations 1996, a Tender exemption applies to Preferred Supply Arrangements. So Local Governments can purchase any value of goods or services from a Preferred Supplier without going to Tender.
What are the benefits of using a Preferred Supplier?
- Streamlined Procurement – faster and easier to purchase any value of goods and services without the need to Tender.
- Regulatory Compliance – full purchasing compliance ensures that the risks of non-compliance and anti-avoidance are mitigated.
- Best Price Guaranteed – Preferred Suppliers are legally required to provide their best prices and conditions of supply to Members procuring goods or services through a WALGA Arrangement.
- Ability to Negotiate – Local Governments are able to negotiate with Preferred Suppliers on items such as scope, deliverables, value adds, pricing and terms to ensure best value for money.
- Quality Suppliers – WALGA Contracts with the best suppliers of goods and services and provide direct access to the brands that Members want.
- Tailored to Local Government – built around the specific needs and requirements of Local Governments in Western Australia.
- Independence and Probity – separating the Contract Principal (WALGA) from the Supplier and the Customer (Local Government) reduces the propensity for procurement fraud and corruption.
- Professional Contract Management – all Preferred Suppliers are subject to ongoing contract management by WALGA to ensure compliance, high performance and to protect Members from contractual disputes.
You can check additional information by following this link.